Sunday, December 12, 2010

A happy little boy!

Can you even believe how cute he is!!! He smiles all the time and will just jibber jabber away. When he talks he has turtle lips, I just lover him so much!! He is generally a happy little guy most of the day, finally, when he first got here he would scream most of the day and I thought I was going to die, it was a good thing he was a cute little thing to help me get through it :). Lets see....Emmett doesn't sleep through the night yet but he goes to bed at 8 then wakes up between 12:00 and 1:30 and then 3:30 or 4:30 and then thinks that 6:00 is the start of the day. I have given up on getting him back to sleep in his bed so the past two mornings I have just held him and we went back to sleep together until it was time for him to eat again. He goes right back to sleep after I feed him now so I don't even mind feeding him twice at night. At first it would take 30-45 minutes to get him back to sleep :(. He is only a cat napper during the day but that is fine with me since he does so good at night.

Greg wins the best daddy award! He is so good with Emmy and I just love watching them together. Greg helps me out so much. He changes diaper without being asked, he helps me put the baby to sleep at night, will take him when he is crying or fussing, and sometimes won't let me hold him because he wants baby time :)

Cyris has decided he likes the baby too. The other morning I let Cyris outside and he hadn't seen the baby yet. When he came inside the baby was in his bouncer on the table (I know not the safest but I sit right there the whole time so nothing can happen, better than the Pomeranians liking him to death on the floor). Cyris was freaking out because he didn't know where the baby was, he went downstairs and sniffed around his room and only calmed down when I showed him where the baby was. Crazy dog!

Tomorrow Greg will be done with the semester and on Wednesday I will be done. Greg has been so stressed out this week so I cannot wait for tomorrow afternoon when he is done. It has been a crazy semester with the baby but over all it was good and now almost over! I don't have to go back to class until Feb 28th. I will be TAing labs in January and writing my thesis proposal until classes start.

1 comment:

Matt & Alana said...

I LOVE his little outfit, because that's all I wished for, for a year with my first!! I'm so glad he's such a happy boy now, I felt so bad for him while we were there. We can't wait to see you again on New Years!