Tuesday, September 21, 2010

36 weeks and Cyris' first b-day

Well we have made it to 36 weeks!! At my doctors appointment yesterday he said I am not dialted but am 50% effaced. My blood pressure was kind of high so I am suppoe to call in if I wake up really swollen to make sure everything is okay. Other than that everything is fine, baby's heart beat was strong and he is head down. I made Greg come with me in case he needed to hold my hand while beign examined (the joys of being a woman) but I was brave and didn't even tense up! After that I feel a little more confident in my ability to have a natural birth. I almost have the hospital bags all pack and we have all the important baby gear so Emmett, we are ready for you!

I was thinking last night about when me and Greg first found out we were pregnant. For like the entire year before that I was obsessed about having a baby and really just wanted to graduate so I could be a mom. Then Greg and I had the impression that I should go to grad school. I was really upset beacsue that would mean no baby for another year or two. I finally got my act togther and applied for grad school but was still upset about the baby thing. In January I finally accepted Heavenly Fathers time frame and was perfectly fine with waiting to have a baby. A month later we found out we were pregnant. I was thinking are you freaking kidding me, really, seriously! I was of course happy to be pregnant but I wonder if it had happend even 2 months before I would have been freaking out and actually enjoyed the whole experiance of being pregnant more. Oh well. It doesn't matter now. I love this little guy and can't wait for him to be here, even if it is like a year before I expected.

Cyris turned one on the 19th!! He is no longer a puppy! We had a dog party for him complete with a dog cake.



this is sunday, the day after the dog party, he was so tired. He got the kong as his b-day present and when it rolled away from him he just laid there and stared at it. Poor sleepy boy!

On satruday night we had Remi and Roxy and there people over for a dog party complete with a dog cake, all the dogs were very excited to eat it. I have never seen food disaper so fast!


Here is Remi, Roxy, and Cyris playing in the backyard



And a close up of the dog cake. It was a peanutbutter and honey cake. Complete with peanuts for the words.



No comments: