Monday, March 2, 2009

Graduate School

Well I am heading off to Grad school. It is funny how Heavenly Father gets you to do what you need to do. This Grad school decision was practically forced on me. I had talked to my Professor about Grad school in January and was like hey thats a good idea but I just want to be a mommy now. Apparently it is not my time to be a mommy yet. Heavenly Father has a different plan then what I was hoping for. Darn it! Oh well Grad school will be exciting and I really will learn a lot! Both my parents and Greg's parents and Greg have been really supportive. My dad couldn't stop saying how proud of me he was and how wonderful grad school is. I am almost done with the application process. My department is planning on me coming so unless I completely bomb the GRE I should be good to go! I am really sacred for the GRE. I take it on March 17th. luckily I will have all of Spring Break to study. I plan on putting 30 hours in. I am not sure what my grad project will be, maybe it will be geomporhology and OSL like my senior thesis is now or maybe I will do Sedimentary stuff. Either way I am off to Grad school weather I like it or not. I am mostly excited though, just a little sad I have to wait until 2011 to be a mommy. My plan is to graduate May of 2011.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Heidi, I hear you. We are going to grad school out of state even though it wasn't in the plans. I wrote about it too. derrickanderin.blogspot.com

Jessica Trinkella said...

Congrats on deciding to go to grad school. It's amazing what Heavenly Father has in store for us. We may not understand it now, but we will thank him for it later. Where are you going to grad school? Are you going to stay at USU?

Laura said...

Dude! I found your blog! Don't ask how... I don't really know myself...

Congrats on Grad school, and good luck on the GRE. You're taking it on my birthday (and St. Patrick's Day). May the luck of the Irish be with you!

clwampler.blogspot.com